Automatic Train Supervision (ATS)
ATS is a comprehensive train operation control system that fully automates train operation handling (signal control) using a control program based on the Train Schedule Diagram. The central systems consist of a Train Control Computer (TCC), a Management Support Computer (MSC), an Operator Console, Data Transmission System (DTS), a large display panel, and various peripherals. STraffic has established and maintained the Seoul Metro Line 2 and is developing our own ATS solution optimized for the KRTCS (CBTC for Korean).
ATS Facility Main Function
- User interface
- Provide a consistent interface.
- Display the entire field status such as Signal, Track within permitted time
- Implement the necessary control within permitted time
- Display of alarm and warning
- Function of train schedule monitoring and change
- Train Identification and Train Tracking
- allocation and checking of train No on CBTC installed trains.
- Supervision of CBTS train in running
- automatic trace and record of train schedule and related data.
- Display of train type and train related information.
- Train and Route Control
- Management of headway via standstill time and running time based on train location.
- automatic and manual train route setting (control of train running)
- Prevention of Train mixture status
- Management of departure/arrival train from/to depot
- Management of reversal train.
- Management of parking train
- Automated Train Schedule/Headway Regulation
- Train headway monitoring and route control and regulation
- Supervision and regulation of train schedule observance
- Regulation of operation time between stations
· Graphic photo of Shinbundang Line ATS Control Center